We are a multi-dealer shop which was established in 1979. We carry a mixture of styles of furniture and accessories set in room-like settings in our house and barn.
The Hugh Jameson family
The journey began in 1746
The Hugh Jameson family left Ireland and arrived in America in 1746. They settled in Londonberry, New Hampshire. Joseph Brown Jameson, grandson of Hugh Jameson and his wife, Avis moved to Avon in 1824. He cleared the several hundred acres of land, was a Justice of the Peace and helped found the Baptist Church. They had 17 childred, many dying in infancy. His son Joseph John was born in 1833, married Sarah Wilson and had 5 children. They purchased half of the family homestead and started a steam sawmill on French Creek.
Wilson Jameson was born at the family homestead in 1873
They moved into the house in 1906
They purchased half of the family homestead and started a steam sawmill on French Creek. Wilson Jameson was born at the family homestead in 1873. He married Katie Brooks in 1902 and they lived in an apartment at the Williams house. They had two children when they started to clear and process Avon lumber for this home. They moved into the house in 1906 and the barn was moved here from the family homestead in 1909. Wilson and Katie had 8 children.
The Wilson Jameson Day was held every year
The original sign from 1909
Wilson was a marksmen and The Wilson Jameson Day was held each year and a trophy was awarded to the best marksmen. The farm property was on both sides of the road with an apple orchard where the school is and a cherry orchard where the Family Care Center is. The rest of the land was used for strawberries and the growing of produce. Mr. Jameson was famous for his bleached celery which was buried and dug-up in the winter for selling. A large pond, now surrounded by houses, was used for irrigation and fishing. The original sign, painted in 1909 still hangs on the barn. Mr Wilson Jameson died in 1969 at 96 years of age and Katie died in 1949 at 71 years of age.